Final Fantasy Republic Forums  
 Home | Forums | Register | FAQ | Members List | Calendar | Search | Today's Posts | Mark Forums Read

Final Fantasy Republic Forums  
Username:

Password:

Dickweed

Odium Absent

Reg: Mar 13 2007

ID: 9329

RP: 0
Rep: 76

Neir, GTA IV,
Hrdvsion, Akira Yamaoka
Silent Hill, Castle in the Sky
Malazan: Book of the Fallen
PS3

Default  Eli the Axeman (RP)
02.14.12, 23:56:40
  Post #1

Eli scratched at the stubble on his chin, picking at the pimples along his jawline. He hated waiting. Especially when he was alone. He grunted and drew the furs about him closer. The damned chill in the room was getting to him.

Solitude came naturally to him. Always sitting alone in his cottage outside the hamlet. But there, he kept himself busy with woodwork and other hobbies. His only interaction with the people of the hamlet were when a trade wagon came through, and he would keep to himself mostly during the trades. However, he would acknowledge the occasional citizen happily.

The hamlet kept to itself, and he to himself. But they knew he was a friend, someone who could protect them if need be. Though solitude came naturally, and he liked it, he also liked the people of the hamlet close by.

It was quiet inside his shack this night. No working the tools on the wood, scraping, chopping, sawing. No, he waited in the dark. For tonight he was truly alone.

Something had grabbed his attention, stopping his work, and that something waited in the hamlet just up the road. He knew the people of the hamlet were all gone. Either killed or fled, he did not know. And that is why he felt truly alone.

Holding the wood and iron shaft of his axe, he trembled under fevered shivers racking his body now and then. Struck mute and unmoving by fear, and simply not knowing what to do. Not that there was anyone to talk to, or to help him along.

So he simply sat, and waited.

OOC:

I am Eli. You are whoever you want to be. But there are a few rules.

No electricity, no modern devices. This is of renaissance time functionalities. Axes, swords, bows. Staffs for the magical types. OR any mixture thereof (or any weapon you can think of that I didn't list, but make it practical, aye?).

IF you are magically endowed, don't make it godlike, same goes for physical strength. Don't want to kill everyone and kill the thread in the process, do you?

If you post, make it at least a paragraph for the first post. Describe a bit about your character. As to what you describe, doesn't matter to me, but give us something to help visualize.

As with all RP's, if you want to speak out of character, use OOC: then speak. Any posts without OOC: before what you intend to speak out of character will be read as in character, which could lead to some confusing times.

There is no people limit to this thread! Want to join? join! Also don't just focus on fighting each other. I'm intending this to be a world, where we can each do our own thing, be it getting drunk in a tavern, doing political work in a city, or perhaps the occasional fight with other members of the RP. It could be interesting if you gang up with other members and head out on your own adventure, or do trade work with them. Interactions don't always have to be hostile.

If you make a character for this thread, you can place them wherever you damn please in the world. If you want to start out under Eli's bed, go for it, but with what's going on so far, you might get your head chopped off for scaring the guy.

The entity in the Hamlet is not to be chosen by one of you as a character. I have plans for it, so leave it be.

ENJOY
View Dickweeds Profile! Find more posts by Dickweed!   Reply With Quote
  Serial Killer

Conglomeration of Death

Reg: Oct 08 2002

ID: 2425

Rep: 1412

FFIII, Madden, Dragon Warrior/Quest
Dead Kennedys, NoFX, Eminem, G.G. Allin
American History X, Snatch, Remember the Titans
Dragonlance, Forgotton Realms, anything by James Patterson
Super Nintendo!

Default  02.15.12, 22:04:43
  Post #2

OOC: Have you created a specific character for Eli? You should provide a link after posting character's profiles. I'm completely game for this though, I'll create my character and entry post as soon as I get home over the weekend. Good job.

Serial Killer
|Der Fuhrer von FFR|Administrator

Quote:
Quoth Jaymann620:
Well, if I had to choose between a Mexican brain surgeon, and a gay massage therapist... I'd choose the gay guy. I'm Mexican, I know how shitty the medical standards are in Mexico.
Send a message via AIM to Serial Killer Send a message via MSN to Serial Killer   Serial Killer is offline
View Serial Killers Profile! Find more posts by Serial Killer! Visit Serial Killers Homepage!   Reply With Quote
  Dickweed

Odium Absent

Neir, GTA IV,
Hrdvsion, Akira Yamaoka
PS3

Default  02.15.12, 23:10:10
  Post #3

OOC: not yet, didn't want to get terribly into this and find out no one wanted to play along, as it seemed to be the case till you showed up.
  Serial Killer

Conglomeration of Death

Super Nintendo!

Default  02.15.12, 23:16:26
  Post #4

OOC: I'm sure Em would get into it too, she said she wanted to participate in one. No more OOC-bullshit posts until we get this started. Make sure you've got a character profile by, say, Sunday. I'll have a profile up and entry post by then, at the absolute latest.
Send a message via AIM to Serial Killer Send a message via MSN to Serial Killer   Serial Killer is offline
View Serial Killers Profile! Find more posts by Serial Killer! Visit Serial Killers Homepage!   Reply With Quote
  Dickweed

Odium Absent

Neir, GTA IV,
Hrdvsion, Akira Yamaoka
PS3

Default  02.15.12, 23:35:11
  Post #5

OOC: Profile, bitch.
  Jackie

The Ronin

Reg: Sep 21 2007

ID: 10877

Rep: 147

Mass Effect, FF VIII & FF X
Gladiator
Timeline, Sword of Truth Series
Xbox 360, PS2

Default  02.15.12, 23:52:35
  Post #6

OOC: I'm game it just may take me till monday or some shit to get my stuff up and obviously my shit is probably going to be really gay since I haven't done an RP in forever
Send a message via MSN to Jackie Send a message via Yahoo to Jackie   Jackie is offline
View Jackies Profile! Find more posts by Jackie!   Reply With Quote
  Serial Killer

Conglomeration of Death

Super Nintendo!

Default  02.16.12, 00:41:22
  Post #7

OOC: Nor have I, but as long as there's particpation, we should be just fine. Quit wasting away these precious pages with OOC posts. Characters and entry posts, until then: shhhhhhh!
  Serial Killer

Conglomeration of Death

Super Nintendo!

Default  02.25.12, 14:00:36
  Post #8

OOC: I present to you, Kalon Kennyrathem. I'll make my entry post very soon, that wore me out.
  Dickweed

Odium Absent

Neir, GTA IV,
Hrdvsion, Akira Yamaoka
PS3

Default  02.25.12, 15:01:59
  Post #9

Opening crusty eyes to the morning light shining through the cracks in his cottage windows, Eli looked around, wondering why he was on the floor. The hearth in the centre of the cottage had gone out, leaving only nearly dead embers. He had a headache, which after probing his head with his hands, he found the source to be the result of resting his forehead on the shaft of Jorrude, the Onyx Axe. The bumped and rippling shaft made odd and uncomfortable creases and indents in his forehead that would disappear over time.

The lifeless winds blew outside his cottage somewhat harshly, giving way to sorrowful cries of the wind between the door and door frame of his cottage. He suddenly remembered what happened. Some wild creature had attacked the hamlet, and he was too much of a coward to defend them. For a moment, his mind wandered to all the people he knew. He may not have known them personally, but he knew their faces, and watched their interactions with one another. There was so much love in that hamlet, now gone. He put his head back down on Jorrude and began to weep. Weep for the lack of courage he held, for the immobilizing fear. Weep for the lost people of the hamlet.

But he never had gone down, never once left his cottage. He drew his head up then. Some may still be alive. Standing from his place where he sat, back hunched against a rough wall near the hearth, he creaked and joints cracked as he stood. He was getting old, but not quite old enough to stop kicking back.
  Serial Killer

Conglomeration of Death

Super Nintendo!

Default  02.28.12, 20:22:14
  Post #10

Kalon awoke in a cold sweat, per his usual routine. Hera.., his mind raced, also per his usual routine. Kalon silently hopped up from his bedroll, his mind awake well before his body, and pulled back the hide tent's cover. The only light was from the luminous, pale moon placed seemingly in the middle of the sky at random. Another moon, much darker and invisible to the naked eye, loomed somewhere on the horizon, it's gravitational pull of it's own.

Kalon walked several paces to where his fire once had been, long since extinguished, as it were a death sentence to give away your position in the night in the western province of Provost. Not that Kalon feared death or any mortal man, though dying would prove detrimental to the sense of duty that constantly tugged on his conscience.

After a quick meal of red berries and cold tea, Kalon gathered his legendary sword and remaining, meager belongings. With a final exasperated sigh, he turned his back on what had been his home for the past three months, his longest dwelling since leaving Silvanesti, and pushed east. His elven eyes guiding him through the night, Kalon continued to delve deeper into the dangerous, foreboding forest.
  Dickweed

Odium Absent

Neir, GTA IV,
Hrdvsion, Akira Yamaoka
PS3

Default  03.02.12, 20:28:00
  Post #11

After a quick check of equipment, and a moment to fully rub off the sleepy haze, Eli grabbed a chunk of stale bread from the table nearest the hearth, and headed for his door. By the time he walked to the edge of the hamlet through the small thicket of trees, the bread was reduced to crumbs in his iron-hued beard.

He stopped short once he saw the stone archway to the main road through the hamlet. The cornerstone had proved fatal to a fleeing citizen, crushing them outright; spine mangled, twisted and snapped. The side pillars were all that was left of the large and ornate archway.
And they showed signs of burning. Some were shattered, others smashed to dust. The rest had crumbled in a heap.

He looked past the archway, and saw small stacks of smoke rising from places in the homes that had been scorched. Aside from the victim below the cornerstone, no other citizens were present. Oh, there was blood, scrape marks on the cobbles and in the mud, shreds of clothing. But there was a distinct absence of bodies.

Eli examined the marks on the cobbles. Through the chaos written there, there seemed to be an overall direction of the people, and demon, who made them. Eli began following the path through the hamlet, between the burnt mud brick and straw-roofed homes, by the school that was half smashed in, and beside the well, seemingly straight through the hamlet, dead center, to the other side.
  Serial Killer

Conglomeration of Death

Super Nintendo!

Default  03.03.12, 18:11:57
  Post #12

The sun woke from it's slumber with a vengeance, cascading sunlight through the leafy treetops of the cursed forest. It was going to be an unusually warm day for this early in the spring. Kalon crouched in the clearing, bathing in the warm sunlight, and listened to the sounds of the forest around him. The wind blew lightly, just enough to sweep Kalon's hair across his forehead, although he remained motionless. The birds were chirping with the sunrise. as the bottom-dwellers of the forest slithered and scurried away to find the shade they were accustomed to. Calling on his innate, elven-born abilities, Kalon's eyes carefully scanned the forest while his ears perked up to hear the faintest of sounds.

Snap.

Subconsciously, Kalon's body set into motion, silently drawing his dagger from his waistband. Before his mind had finished registering the twig snapping on the forest floor, Kalon was certain there were two humanoids roughly 25 paces from his position. He was also certain they weren't friendly, and had likely been trailing him since leaving camp. He looked towards the east, to the edge of the forest. You'll never make it without causing a stir and alerting the remainder of the bandit entourage, he thought to himself. Kalon prayed they were merely scouts and the two of them would be alone.

Kalon silently walked a dozen paces away from the approaching men, before veering a sharp right and doubling back to the clearing. Kalon sheathed his dagger and positioned himself against the trunk of an ancient oak tree. He removed his longbow from his back, pulling two arrows from his quiver. Measuring his breath, Kalon notched both arrows and waited. One, two, three, four, five.

"May my arrows fly true, if only to serve you", he prayed quietly and released the arrows.

Thud, thud; the two bodies fell in unison. After a careful scan of the area, Kalon approached the bodies. His nose began to wrinkle in disgust. Humans.
  Dickweed

Odium Absent

Neir, GTA IV,
Hrdvsion, Akira Yamaoka
PS3

Default  03.09.12, 00:30:59
  Post #13

OOC: Sorry for the wait. Anticipation or "Just fucking write!"?

IC:

Eli reached the opposite end of the hamlet, and noted a pair of tracks deviating from the main mass of people. The main group of tracks continued en masse out of the hamlet, then seemed to abruptly explode in different directions. Some tracks ended in bloody, barely recognizeable piles of flesh. White bone jutted out from the chest, the meat torn off, probably eaten by whatever attacked these unfortunate people. Most of the heads were missing entirely. Eli began to imagine the demon eating them whole, but quickly pushed the thought from his mind.

The fact that this small set of prints headed off the main group before the main explosion of tracks hinted that this tiny one may still be alive. Eli began heading into the brushes and small tress on the edge of the camp, and followed the tracks, broken branches, and smashed moss far into the forest, which grew thicker and taller as he went. Some of the places this child seemed to slip through Eli could not, and he had to unsheathe his axe more than a few times to chop his way through.

He saw something move quickly infront of him as his head was following the tracks on the ground, and he stopped. After trying to find the source of hte movement at the base of a tree in front of him, he could not determin what it was.

Eli proceeeded with his axe at the ready, but kept in the back of his mind that it may be to child, and to show restrain before knocking down anything that may emerge.
  Serial Killer

Conglomeration of Death

Super Nintendo!

Default  03.17.12, 01:33:00
  Post #14

Kalon retrieved his arrows from the fallen men, before distastefully discarding one due to a broken shaft. He was already down to a limited supply. Making an impromptu cover, Kalon quickly arranged nearby leaves and sticks to better camouflage the two prone bodies from being easily identified. He hoped the effort of searching for the two missing scouts would slow the bandits down long enough for him to make it through the remainder of the forest without further incident. Kalon stealthily made his way toward the eastern sun, his keen eyes ever aware.

Nearing midday, Kalon took to a short respite near a brook that ran near the forest border to fill his canteens and quench his own thirst. A careful scan of his surrounding area confirmed what he already suspected: he would break the shade of the trees within the hour. Readjusting his equipment, Kalon set off at a brisker pace, anxious to reach his destination.

Once Kalon exited the comfort and shade of the forest wall, he was met by a blinding light, as the sun was nearing it's peak. After allowing his sensitive eyes to focus, Kalon scanned the landscape before him. Plains. Grassy plains as far as the eye can see. Kalon's eyes stopped on what appeared to be a hut, or possibly a small village. Even with his elven eyes, he couldn't quite make out a distinct description. Smoke?, he thought to himself. He was sure of it, having lived among the vulnerable woods for so long, Kalon was quick to identify smoke. Seeing as there was no civilization within eyesight, Kalon figured he had not much of a choice. He began pacing himself towards the smoke-engulfed area.