Final Fantasy Republic Forums  
 Home | Forums | Register | FAQ | Members List | Calendar | Search | Today's Posts | Mark Forums Read

Final Fantasy Republic Forums  
Username:

Password:

Blitzballer

Cool As Ice

Reg: Jun 13 2002

ID: 1174

RP: 298
Rep: 161

Onimusha 2, PES, Devil May Cry
LOTR Trilogy
FHM...of course
PS3

Default  Devil May Cry Series
01.26.12, 19:40:03
  Post #1

Talk about the Devil May Cry series here- a fusion of action and adventure within the first four games from Capcom and DmC, a reboot being developed by Ninja Theory, which has polarised many fans.

News on DmC:

Ninja Theory, the developer of Heavenly Sword, Enslaved and Capcom's Devil May Cry reboot, has said the team isn't pretending the game's Japanese-focused and won't apologise for it.

creative director Tameem Antoniades and Capcom's Alex Jones reflected on the backlash from fans regarding the redesigned version of Dante.

According to Antoniades the furore is the result of different expectations surrounding Western games. Jones elaborated by pointing out a distinction between the way characters are designed in Japan and in the west.

"Japanese style ethos does tend to involve making characters look cool for the sake of looking cool, adding odd accessories, crazy hairstyles and colour, cowboy boots and so on simply because they look cool/

"We in the West tend to be more functional adding things that have meaning and being able to explain that meaning. Why does Dante have white hair? I want to make a little story around that and explain it. And so on for the rest of his design choices."

Antoniades went on to explain the jumping off point for the design of Dante and DmC as a whole.

"We did a thought experiment [suggested by former Capcom exec Keiji Inafune] early on. It went like this: imagine this game as a contemporary movie. What would it look like? What would Dante look like? We went from there."

While the more Japanese aspects of the game haven't been completely ditched, the title will have more of a western flavour, owing to the Ninja Theory's influences.

"We've not so much done away with any of the Japanese aspects of the series," Antoniades continued "But are more building on the foundations of the franchise to develop a game that has a different flavour. We grew up on US and European movies, comics, music and general culture. That's what we're tapping into. We're not pretending we are Japanese nor making apologies for that."

News: DmC will have 'US and European flavour' - ComputerAndVideoGames.com

Quote:
Quoth Albel Nox:
Imho? it's emo, douche.So if you're going to call me emo do it right.not imao, ihmo, or imo, but EMO.
Send a message via AIM to Blitzballer Send a message via MSN to Blitzballer Send a message via Yahoo to Blitzballer   Blitzballer is offline
View Blitzballers Profile! Find more posts by Blitzballer! Visit Blitzballers Homepage!   Reply With Quote
  Jaymann620

Hollasaures-Rex

Reg: Jan 21 2012

ID: 26225

RP: 0
Rep: 166

Resident Evil
The Black Dahlia Murder, Fall Out Boy, Mushroomhead, Hopsin
Xbox360

Default  01.26.12, 19:51:07
  Post #2

I was at first appalled by what I saw with the first trailer, but as I learned more and saw more videos, I started to grow some hope for the game.

"Your [Christian] preachments are evil and they're a direct threat to the survival of civilization. So, if you don't consider me an enemy, then you don't know an enemy when you see or hear one."
-Christopher Hitchens
View Jaymann620s Profile! Find more posts by Jaymann620! Visit Jaymann620s Homepage!   Reply With Quote
  Blitzballer

Cool As Ice

LOTR Trilogy
FHM...of course
PS3

Default  03.05.12, 19:38:04
  Post #3

I think ill just see DMC as an offshoot of the franchise, from what ive seen im not too hopeful.
Send a message via AIM to Blitzballer Send a message via MSN to Blitzballer Send a message via Yahoo to Blitzballer   Blitzballer is offline
View Blitzballers Profile! Find more posts by Blitzballer! Visit Blitzballers Homepage!   Reply With Quote
  Blitzballer

Cool As Ice

LOTR Trilogy
FHM...of course
PS3

Default  03.08.12, 19:12:46
  Post #4

Tameem Antoniades, chief creative ninja and co-founder of Ninja Theory, has responded to suggestions that the studio's redesign of Devil May Cry's Dante is based on him.

Speaking in a candid interview with PSM3, Antoniades was asked what he thought of online chatter about the reboot. Among the internet sourced drivel was the theory that Dante is modelled on him, which he quickly dismissed after a little self-deprecating humour.

"What can I say? He's a decade and a half younger than me, way better looking... The only thing he's got is black hair. And he's male," he said.

"I didn't design the character. I didn't go to our designers and say, 'I think it's a really good idea if we make the new Dante look like me, because I want to be in the game.' They'd laugh at me. They'd throw me out the window."

News: DmC director didn't ask the designers to make Dante look like him - ComputerAndVideoGames.com
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_279320_thumb_wide300.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	6.9 KB
ID:	6190