Final Fantasy Republic Forums  
 Home | Forums | Register | FAQ | Members List | Calendar | Search | Today's Posts | Mark Forums Read

Go Back  

Final Fantasy Republic Forums  
Username:

Password:

Blitzballer

Cool As Ice

Reg: Jun 13 2002

ID: 1174

RP: 298
Rep: 161

Onimusha 2, PES, Devil May Cry
LOTR Trilogy
FHM...of course
PS3

Default  Final Fantasy XIII-2 Is Perfect
12.11.11, 04:00:33
  Post #1

According to Famitsu, who gave it a 40/40 mark...

A few tidbits about the game:

- There will be a New Game Plus option after you finish the game
- A save anywhere and autosave option
- Bi monthly DLC
- If you completed FFXIII dont delete your save, as youll get a few perks, such as monster decoration

The game takes place three years after FFXIII, Serah is now the main character along with Noel, who is from 700 years in the future...He is the last surviving human from that time and wants to change fate

Check trailers here:
Final Fantasy 13-2: Famitsu Think The Game Is Perfect - GameBandits.com

Quote:
Quoth Albel Nox:
Imho? it's emo, douche.So if you're going to call me emo do it right.not imao, ihmo, or imo, but EMO.
Send a message via AIM to Blitzballer Send a message via MSN to Blitzballer Send a message via Yahoo to Blitzballer   Blitzballer is offline
View Blitzballers Profile! Find more posts by Blitzballer! Visit Blitzballers Homepage!   Reply With Quote
  Ragnarok

Twilight of Gods

Reg: Sep 13 2002

ID: 2188

RP: 0
Rep: 195

Chrono Cross, FF IX, Pokemon
Siam Shade, Uematsu, Mitsuda
Jurassic Park
The Iron Flute
Play Station

Default  12.13.11, 09:48:43
  Post #2

Haha great marketing skills with the thread's name... Famitsu usually has a good criteria, although. The trailer is amazing, indeed.

Even if my non-English origin is barely perceptible, AMIGO, please laugh at me and let me know when I make mistakes, it will be highly welcomed!!
View Ragnaroks Profile! Find more posts by Ragnarok!   Reply With Quote
  Blitzballer

Cool As Ice

Reg: Jun 13 2002

ID: 1174

RP: 298
Rep: 161

Onimusha 2, PES, Devil May Cry
LOTR Trilogy
FHM...of course
PS3

Default  12.13.11, 19:58:50
  Post #3

True, Famitsu usually have a great track record in giving out marks, but can the follow up to FFXIII really be perfect?
lets see....
Send a message via AIM to Blitzballer Send a message via MSN to Blitzballer Send a message via Yahoo to Blitzballer   Blitzballer is offline
View Blitzballers Profile! Find more posts by Blitzballer! Visit Blitzballers Homepage!   Reply With Quote
  Serial Killer

Conglomeration of Death

Reg: Oct 08 2002

ID: 2425

Rep: 1412

FFIII, Madden, Dragon Warrior/Quest
Dead Kennedys, NoFX, Eminem, G.G. Allin
American History X, Snatch, Remember the Titans
Dragonlance, Forgotton Realms, anything by James Patterson
Super Nintendo!

Default  12.13.11, 20:33:16
  Post #4

I was slightly disappointed with FFX-2 because it wasn't half as good as FFX. It's so hard to make a true sequel to an RPG, as most have failed. I'm excited to see how this one turns out, but I'm not going to get my hopes too high.

Serial Killer
|Der Fuhrer von FFR|Administrator

Quote:
Quoth Jaymann620:
Well, if I had to choose between a Mexican brain surgeon, and a gay massage therapist... I'd choose the gay guy. I'm Mexican, I know how shitty the medical standards are in Mexico.
Send a message via AIM to Serial Killer Send a message via MSN to Serial Killer   Serial Killer is offline
View Serial Killers Profile! Find more posts by Serial Killer! Visit Serial Killers Homepage!   Reply With Quote
  Citan

Sanctuary Keeper

Reg: May 12 2002

ID: 812

RP: 150
Rep: 88

Zelda: A Link to the Past, Final Fantasy IV & V, Perfect Dark
M
Back to the future trilogy, The Shining, Forrest Gump
The Three Musketeers
SNES

Default  12.14.11, 18:34:46
  Post #5

I really need to beat XIII before XIII-2 comes out. It's been in my ridiculously large gaming backlog and now I'm ready to play it.

View Citans Profile! Find more posts by Citan!   Reply With Quote
  Ragnarok

Twilight of Gods

Reg: Sep 13 2002

ID: 2188

Rep: 195

Chrono Cross, FF IX, Pokemon
Siam Shade, Uematsu, Mitsuda
Jurassic Park
The Iron Flute
Play Station

Default  12.15.11, 09:47:27
  Post #6

Go for it! I've got to beat X to play XII, to play XIII, to play XIII-2, but the day will come
View Ragnaroks Profile! Find more posts by Ragnarok!   Reply With Quote
  Serial Killer

Conglomeration of Death

Super Nintendo!

Default  12.15.11, 14:13:42
  Post #7

Quote:
Quoth Citan: View Post
I really need to beat XIII before XIII-2 comes out. It's been in my ridiculously large gaming backlog and now I'm ready to play it.
I'm in the same boat. I actually let my brother borrow it due to my lack of time and Skyrim.
Send a message via AIM to Serial Killer Send a message via MSN to Serial Killer   Serial Killer is offline
View Serial Killers Profile! Find more posts by Serial Killer! Visit Serial Killers Homepage!   Reply With Quote
  FFLOVER13

FFLOVER

Reg: Jan 29 2012

ID: 26231

Rep: 10

FF8
HEAT
FF
PS3

FF Cactuar  any one need help in FF13-2
02.09.12, 09:56:52
  Post #8

hi there. yes any one need help in FF13-2. he can sontact me her or on msn. i finish episode 1+2+3. now in 4. iwill happy to solve any proplem.
View FFLOVER13s Profile! Find more posts by FFLOVER13!   Reply With Quote
  Ethereal

Luscious

Reg: Apr 04 2002

ID: 448

Rep: 20

The World Ends With You
The Naked and Famous
The Lion King
The Colour of Magic
PC, Nintendo DS

Default  02.26.12, 18:11:23
  Post #9

Okay...

So my housemate got me FFXIII-2 as a belated Christmas gift.

Despite much initial skepticism on my part (having hated 13 and never finishing it) - I'm about 6 hours in now and well... it's actually pretty good. Fixes a lot of the linearity issues of XIII and gives you more customisation options from the get go and the story pacing seems a lot better too.

Whether or not it can hold me until the end - we'll see - but it's definately already hooked me in more than XIII did in it's first few hours.

Ethereal
Former Site Manager and Forum Administrator of Final Fantasy Republic 2002-2005
View Ethereals Profile! Find more posts by Ethereal!   Reply With Quote
  Winter

Blessed are the sick

Reg: Nov 02 2007

ID: 11623

Rep: 316

The Iliad

Default  02.27.12, 06:40:16
  Post #10

perfect? How much Is Square paying these guys?
Send a message via AIM to Winter Send a message via MSN to Winter   Winter is offline
View Winters Profile! Find more posts by Winter!   Reply With Quote
  Ethereal

Luscious

The World Ends With You
The Naked and Famous
The Lion King
The Colour of Magic
PC, Nintendo DS

Default  02.27.12, 07:16:03
  Post #11

It has the type of things that are more common place in JRPGs - monster collecting, mini-games, side storylines, minigames, replayability etc - it feels no where near as "on rails" as XIII did. Basically, battle system aside, most of the stuff XIII stripped out got put back in for XIII-2, the only crux being you have the same 2 party members the entire time and your 3rd slot is basically filled by monsters you tame and level up.

Considering the best JRPGs in ages have only come out on the Wii (Xenoblade Chronicles and The Last Story) I can see why a publication might potentially "uprate" something like this. Granted I will admit that this is a rather dubious 40/40 for Famitsu considering that score has usually only been awarded to truly exceptional titles but at the same time XIII-2 is a remarkable improvement on XIII in most ways - still probably not worthy of a 40/40 score though but it's certainly a refreshing entry into a stale genre.

(though it is very girly in places... which might offend/embarass you GRR MANLY *THUMPS CHEST* GRR types)
  Winter

Blessed are the sick

Reg: Nov 02 2007

ID: 11623

Rep: 316

The Iliad

Default  02.28.12, 04:19:39
  Post #12

I was pretty put off by the girly looking chicks.
Send a message via AIM to Winter Send a message via MSN to Winter   Winter is offline
View Winters Profile! Find more posts by Winter!   Reply With Quote
  Serial Killer

Conglomeration of Death

Super Nintendo!

Default  02.28.12, 20:35:28
  Post #13

I'm sorry but FFX-2 completely ruined my dreams of an RPG sequel. Clearly it did to a lot of other people too, because SE already put it on sale ($10 off) a month after it was released!

I highly doubt I'll ever play it, unless I happen to come across it during my travels. Or until it drops all the way down to $19.99.
  Citan

Sanctuary Keeper

Reg: May 12 2002

ID: 812

RP: 150
Rep: 88

Zelda: A Link to the Past, Final Fantasy IV & V, Perfect Dark
M
Back to the future trilogy, The Shining, Forrest Gump
The Three Musketeers
SNES

Default  03.04.12, 10:24:53
  Post #14

X-2 wasn't that bad in terms of pure gameplay.

Everything else was just...Awful.
View Citans Profile! Find more posts by Citan!   Reply With Quote
  Ethereal

Luscious

The World Ends With You
The Naked and Famous
The Lion King
The Colour of Magic
PC, Nintendo DS

Default  03.04.12, 18:33:59
  Post #15

Well I'm nearing the end of it now and I have to say this is the most fun I've had playing an FF game since... X probably. The plot suffers from some pacing issues here and there but the time travel mechanic allows you to go back and forth on a whim and also means there are alternate endings to be unlocked which is really cool. It doesn't progress in a traditional sort of way. Side quests galore you say? Heck yeah! Heck the main story itself is actually fairly short (30 hours or so) but with a New Game+ mode and the abundance of sidequests to do it feels like way more of an FF than XIII did.

They've managed to turn the battles from being tediously boring to a lot of fun - only thing is you can pretty much be carried through most the game by using the Auto-Chain command but when you start dabbling in chaining your own combos together it can lead to some particularly spectacular light shows.

The fact it comes with a recap mode that goes over everything that happened in XIII means I'd also highly rate this over XIII and tell anyone who missed out on XIII to just pickup XIII-2 and save themselves the hassle.

My main qualm is that that the soundtrack seems to be very hit and miss, some tracks are amazing - others are downright awful.

Tracks like this: Final Fantasy XIII-2 Original Soundtrack - Knight of the Goddess -4- (Disc 1) - YouTube

Then there's the less good... wannabe J-TechnoMetal tracks like: (which granted for the boss fight it happens in is pretty epic, but still feels really out of place)

Final Fantasy XIII-2 Original Soundtrack - Breaking the Limits! -3- (Disc 3) - YouTube

Complete with zone music that borders from bliss to wannabe The World Ends With You-esque tracks that don't quite hit the mark:

Final Fantasy XIII-2 Original Soundtrack - New Bodhum -13- (Disc 1) - YouTube

It's not bad by any stretch, and X-2 kind of dropped the ball music wise so I guess it was to be expected. But it's my main gripe.

It's just a shame that XIII-2 is such a truly better game than XIII but most people won't give it the time of day anymore. It's completely coverted me from my original stance of "lol they're making a sequel to that crap game/meh/that looks like a crock of shit" to - this is actually pretty decent, and shockingly of all... fun.

Last edited by Ethereal; 03.04.12 at 19:34:40..