Final Fantasy Republic Forums  
 Home | Forums | Register | FAQ | Members List | Calendar | Search | Today's Posts | Mark Forums Read

Final Fantasy Republic Forums  
Username:

Password:

gaelicmyth

Reg: Jul 09 2008

ID: 14664

RP: 0
Rep: 0

None
None
None
None
None

Default  ff6 question?
07.09.08, 19:06:27
  Post #1

-What level should i have my characters at in 6 before fighting final boss (kefka)??

-and do i have to train stats specifically or will they just be good enough naturally when i get to the level im supposed to be to beat up kefka?
View gaelicmyths Profile! Find more posts by gaelicmyth!   Reply With Quote
  Winter

Blessed are the sick

Reg: Nov 02 2007

ID: 11623

Rep: 316

The Iliad

Default  07.09.08, 22:17:55
  Post #2

depending on what espers you had used it should be fine. but if you skimped out on stat raising i would go and do all the quests to get good equipment EX. X-attack and double cast(forgot exact name)
and get the esper that will teach you ultima in the shop in narshe
Send a message via AIM to Winter Send a message via MSN to Winter   Winter is offline
View Winters Profile! Find more posts by Winter!   Reply With Quote
  Daryl Falchion

Over the hills...

Reg: Nov 19 2007

ID: 11824

Symphony of the Night
The Cruxshadows
Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust
None

Default  07.09.08, 23:00:28
  Post #3

It does depend on what system you're planning it on, but if you're gone through the game and played most of the side quests, you should be strong enough to tackle Kefka. I can't honestly remember what level that was, although level seventy usually blows away most in any FF game.

If you encounter problems, go about collecting everything and in particular, the Life 3/Reraise spell. That spell saves you in every instance (provided it's casted). Another excellent spell is double cast, as mentioned, collected from the Magi Tower.

If you really want to be powered get the Cursed shield in Narshe. Fight around (don't run, you must win!) with it equipped to a character for 256 battles until it is uncursed and becomes the Paladin's shield. It's is insanely powerful.

There are other things I can suggest, just let me know what exactly you need...
Send a message via AIM to Daryl Falchion Send a message via MSN to Daryl Falchion Send a message via Yahoo to Daryl Falchion   Daryl Falchion is offline
View Daryl Falchions Profile! Find more posts by Daryl Falchion!   Reply With Quote
  Winter

Blessed are the sick

Reg: Nov 02 2007

ID: 11623

Rep: 316

The Iliad

Default  07.10.08, 12:35:28
  Post #4

there's also cheap tricks to help get through the game (if the original snes version)
vanish+doom/x-zone trick was awesome
Send a message via AIM to Winter Send a message via MSN to Winter   Winter is offline
View Winters Profile! Find more posts by Winter!   Reply With Quote
  Feldschlacht IV

The Feld

Reg: Jul 18 2008

ID: 14802

Xenogears
R. Kelly
American Psycho
Nineteen Eighty Four
Playstation. The original Playstation.

Default  07.18.08, 00:47:44
  Post #5

Your level definitely doesn't matter when fighting Kefka, it's all about equipment and spells. It's been documented that people have beaten Kefka with their characters default levels!

Are you interested in game creation of all categories and genres? Then Play Something, ****ers.

View Feldschlacht IVs Profile! Find more posts by Feldschlacht IV! Visit Feldschlacht IVs Homepage!   Reply With Quote
  Kenji Sasaki

Reg: Aug 21 2008

ID: 15314

Default  08.21.08, 09:40:47
  Post #6

I don't think the level really matters but its just the skills that you need to fight Kefka. If your really good, you can beat Kefka at any level.
View Kenji Sasakis Profile! Find more posts by Kenji Sasaki!   Reply With Quote
  Citan

Sanctuary Keeper

Reg: May 12 2002

ID: 812

RP: 150
Rep: 88

Zelda: A Link to the Past, Final Fantasy IV & V, Perfect Dark
M
Back to the future trilogy, The Shining, Forrest Gump
The Three Musketeers
SNES

Default  07.18.09, 10:30:56
  Post #7

I'd say 50 is just fine, but you can beat him at a lower level than that. You're going to need Ultima for your magic users. Your offensive teammates should be equipped with hit # increasing relics, such as Genji Gloves, Offering, etc. You can also make a character a dragoo by putting the dragoon/dragon relics on him/her, he/she will do much damage.

Make sure to have Life 2 for everyone. Life 3 isn't required, but it's recommended.

Good luck.

View Citans Profile! Find more posts by Citan!   Reply With Quote
  sephiroth86

FF Terrorist

Reg: Apr 15 2009

ID: 21948

Rep: 16

Tekken,Tenchu,DW,Final Fantasy,Onimusha
Iron Maiden,Judas Priest,Ozzy,Y.J.Malmsteen
Toooo many...
Necronomicon
PSX,PS2,PC

Default  07.18.09, 14:45:04
  Post #8

Well... Like in every FF game i've played,i prefer to maximize everything,get everything, and then face the boss,but that reduces the excitement and increases the fun.
I believe your answers have been answered.
It's up to you.He's not as hard as you imagine.
View sephiroth86s Profile! Find more posts by sephiroth86!   Reply With Quote
  Citan

Sanctuary Keeper

Reg: May 12 2002

ID: 812

RP: 150
Rep: 88

Zelda: A Link to the Past, Final Fantasy IV & V, Perfect Dark
M
Back to the future trilogy, The Shining, Forrest Gump
The Three Musketeers
SNES

Default  07.18.09, 14:54:15
  Post #9

Quote:
Quoth sephiroth86: View Post
Well... Like in every FF game i've played,i prefer to maximize everything,get everything, and then face the boss,but that reduces the excitement and increases the fun.
I believe your answers have been answered.
It's up to you.He's not as hard as you imagine.

You should have fun with FFII. It, like Disgaea, is a nightmare for completionists.
View Citans Profile! Find more posts by Citan!   Reply With Quote
  sephiroth86

FF Terrorist

Toooo many...
Necronomicon
PSX,PS2,PC

Default  07.18.09, 14:59:39
  Post #10

Did you noticed that i said "every"??!
  V

Sic Transit Gloria Forum

Reg: Feb 20 2004

ID: 6624

RP: 666
Rep: 465

FFVI, Chrono Trigger, Marathon trilogy, NetHack, Super Metroid
mostly prog, metal, and avant-garde. See last.fm for details
Dr. Strangelove, Pan's Labyrinth, Monty Python & the Holy Grail
Pynchon/Bolaņo/Borges/Vonnegut /Martin/Pratchett/Zinn/Chomsky
SNES

Default  07.19.09, 14:42:54
  Post #11

You said "every FF game I've played," which is a bit different from "every FF game" since the former version excludes games you haven't played. The only way the two could be equated without further clarification is if you mention that you've played every FF game, which you didn't do

But yeah, Kefka's pretty easy. One of the few disappointing aspects of FFVI for me, really.

Quote:
Quoth George Carlin:
So I say live and let live. That's my motto. Live and let live. Anyone who can't go along with that, take him outside and shoot the motherfucker. It's a simple philosophy, but it's always worked in our family.
Quote:
Quoth Adam Smith:
All for ourselves, and nothing for other people, seems, in every age of the world, to have been the vile maxim of the masters of mankind.

FG * FF * last.fm
View Vs Profile! Find more posts by V!   Reply With Quote
  sephiroth86

FF Terrorist

Toooo many...
Necronomicon
PSX,PS2,PC

Default  07.19.09, 17:06:18
  Post #12

Oh!!I'm sorry...You're right!!
  Eagle Caller

Reg: Dec 15 2006

ID: 8733

Rep: -2

Goldeneye
Some
Action/Fantasy
The Inner Game of Chess
Play Station Variety

Default  07.30.09, 02:31:58
  Post #13

I gave a lot to FF and don't have a reason to really post about it anymore. There are FAQ's on how to do all kinds of runs like natural magic and single character.

I think below level 30 is what good players can do. 31-39 depending on who you are for a lot of people. Most gamers should do it above level 40 imo. It's only my opinion. There's plenty of people who wouldn't even understand what to do at all let alone attempt a low level run.

I've linked to my level 19 of the game itself. For a quick indepth idea the game can throw you a real curve ball with non-elemental attacks or one for one trades.

Beating this version isn't always a walk in the park. To be safe equip your characters with ribbon/safety bit if you really want to beat the game.

Beating this version isn't always a walk in the park. To be safe equip your characters with ribbon/safety bit if you really want to beat the game.

Just to be clear in case I don't come back and to give a general idea about something if you can make it to Jidoor and the Espers for the first time then you are a good player.

This is without or with little assitance. If you can make it to the WoR with little help you are a great player and even more greater the further you can play on.

It really depends what your objective is. Sorry if this turned into a mini FAQ but to kinda agree with the man, Kefka himself might be hard that leads us to the ultimate question. How hard is the game..well it depends on the player right?

I play a game which forces me to consider many variations and maybe I have more chances at finding things.

Terra..................... Fight
LV99...................... Morph
HP9999................. All Magic
MP999.................. Item

Vigor 45................ R-Hand: Illumina
Speed 90.............. L-Hand: Genji Shield
Stamina 40........... Helmet : Oath Veil
Magic Pwr 110...... Armor: Minerva
Bat Pwr 255
Defense 216......... Relic: Ribbon
Evade 75.............. Relic: Economizer
Magic D 184
Magic B 87

-Greatermaxim
View Eagle Callers Profile! Find more posts by Eagle Caller!   Reply With Quote
  LDanarkos

Reg: Jan 23 2012

ID: 26228

None
None
None
None
None

Default  01.23.12, 20:26:57
  Post #14

With the right equipment, the end game is unbelievably easy. Just take either Terra, Celes, Edgar, or Locke and give them Genji Glove, Offering, and some combination of Excalibur, Ragnarok Sword, Atma Weapon, and Illumina. Then you'll be dealing like a bazillion damage per attack. Give a second party member Gem Box + Economizer, the Ultima spell, the Quick spell and it'll be dealing a multiple of 40,000 cumulative damage (depending on how many enemies there are). Give a third party member, preferably Shadow, various healing spells like Life 2, Life 3, and Cure 3, and equip him such that he's invincible, so that you have a party that can never die. In most versions of the game, the Evade stat is useless and the MBlock stat is used for physical and magical attacks, so maximize this stat for invincibility. In the case of Shadow, you can equip him with Thief Knife, Force Shield, Bard's Hat, Mirage Vest, and 2x White Cape to give him +100 MBlock. The reason why I pick Shadow is because then, when you fight Kefka, you can unequip Atma Weapon and have Shadow throw it for "Too Much Damage To Count," instantly ending the battle. That's kind of greedy, though, and really, there's other characters who can max-out their MBlock more easily. Since you have to split-up into three parties, the easiest thing is to keep unequipping and reequipping the best equipment every time you switch parties, with at least one of Locke / Edgar / Celes / Terra in each party. In the party that has Mog, equip Moogle Charm. In the parties that don't have Mog, equip Charm Bangle.

If you do that, you should easily beat the Kefka's Tower, no matter what level you're at.

Last edited by LDanarkos; 01.23.12 at 20:48:18..
View LDanarkoss Profile! Find more posts by LDanarkos!   Reply With Quote